Special Educational Needs
Mrs Chrissie Reddey is the Sandringham & West Newton Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
She can be contacted on 01485 540506 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham & West Newton can offer you:
- Someone to talk to; you can always speak to your class teacher or the SENCO about any concerns you may have.
- A friendly, caring environment; we value social and emotional aspects of learning as well as academic aspects.
- High-quality teaching; all of our teachers work to a very high standard and are very aware of the need to ensure all pupils, with or without special educational needs and disabilities, achieve their full potential.
- Well trained teachers and support staff; all of our staff have access to up to date training to meet the needs of individual pupils through the cluster funding mechanism, accessed via the school, through the support of the SEN-D cluster co-ordinator who visits the school regularly (usually bi-weekly).
- Access to specialist services; we can refer children to the Speech & Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist, Behaviour Support, Autism Support Teacher, School Health, and the Vision or Hearing Impaired Services amongst other specialists.
- We offer catch-up programmes for children who are in need of further assistance and support with spelling, reading and maths. Our teaching assistants support children with specific needs and also those that may need extending in their learning. Teachers work very closely with our teaching assistants to ensure that learning opportunities are maximised.
- We ensure all children have equal access to the curriculum. This includes any children that may have disabilities or medical needs. Any parents considering placing a child with a disability at our school are most welcome to visit the site and discuss their child’s needs. Every effort would be made to include a child regardless of any disability. The curriculum would be adapted to allow access to learning.
IF, in an unlikely event, you needed to make a complaint, our complaint’s procedure is outlined in our Information Report below.
Please see below for the appropriate policies that relate to SEN and a link to the Local Offer for further information on what is available to you in terms of more support.
Please find below our SEND information report and policy for 2021-2022
Below are also some more useful website and documents: